17 Lessons business owners and entrepreneurs can learn from Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex.
Just over a year ago, Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex and her husband announced that “We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.”
The abuse they had received and continue to receive at the hands of the British press has been savage. I have huge admiration for them navigating what must have been a massively challenging situation with grace.
I think she’s an incredible role model. She gives us all permission to do things which may be necessary in addition to being difficult.
Here’s some lessons we can take with us from her example.
- It’s ok to be a massively financially successful, independent woman.
- You can put down boundaries for your own health and happiness.
- Sometimes you’re going to piss people off in order to get your needs met.
- It’s ok to change your mind.
- It’s ok to sign up for something and on reflection realise it’s not what you want after all.
- You don’t HAVE to tow the party line, in other words, you can do what’s right for you and your family.
- It’s ok to do things your way, even if it makes great waves.
- Lots of people are not going to like you, your decisions, and life choices, however, go do it anyway, the ones who Love you will support you anyway.
- Just because something’s always been done a certain way, doesn’t mean you have to do it that way.
- It’s ok to block people when they’re disrespectful to you.
- You don’t have to explain yourself to anybody, but sometimes full disclosure and transparency takes the wind out of the sales of your haters.
- Money gives you power, and choices.
- You can use your money however you choose – making a massive impact philanthropically is an option when you have lots of money to spend.
- If you feel stifled, there’s a way to get back to that feeling of freedom.
- You can do things on your time frame, not other people’s.
- We’re living in the 21st Century now, however it may seem at times!
- Haters gonna hate, as a result, creators gotta create!
Can you think of any that I’ve missed? Message me and let me know!
Do you resonate?
If you resonate with these lessons and want some help accessing your genius to increase your business momentum, check out the rest of this website and then book a call to have a chat about how I can help you.
Photo credit and licensing
Photo source – https://gg.govt.nz
Used under Creative Commons Attribution 4 International license
Photo has been cropped to show just Meghan Markle Duchess of Sussex.